ALL courses are now available online and facilitated by Prof Anelich due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This is only available to individual companies for a minimum of 5 participants. Contact Prof Lucia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The benefit of individual company training, is that courses are all customised to some degree to reflect microbiological risks associated with those product/s, where applicable. The following courses are offered:
NEW in 2020! Foodborne Viruses – now facilitated online
The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of viruses and human health. This course delivers the following benefits:
- Understand the differences between viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi
- Understand the concept of foodborne viruses and what this term implies
- Differentiate between different foodborne viruses
- Differentiate between foodborne viruses and those that are not transmitted via food
- Understand why the Covid-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) is not regarded as a food safety risk
- Take measures to prevent transmission of viruses to food
- Understand the impact that personal hygiene measures have in preventing transmission of viruses to food
Length: 4 hours.
Technical Managers, Quality Assurance & Quality Control Staff in Food Manufacturing and Retail, Catering and Foodservice Organizations, Food Safety Auditors and anyone else interested in obtaining a clear understanding of foodborne viruses within the context of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
A shorter presentation for top management is available with the ultimate aim to make appropriate and cost-effective decisions and to mitigate risks to consumers and to the business.
Listeria monocytogenes: All You Need to Know – now facilitated online
South Africa experienced the worst documented listeriosis outbreak in global history, in 2017-2018. Anelich Consulting is offering a course on understanding the organism, its habits and practical solutions to control this organism.
Length: 4 hours.
Add South Africa’s regulated requirement for processed meats, VC9100 and the related SANS 885 to the course selection to make it a 1-day course.
Technical Managers, Quality Assurance & Quality Control staff, Catering and Food Service Organizations, Food Safety Auditors, anyone else interested in understanding the organism and its habits, the diseases it causes, prevention and control of the organism. A shorter course for top management is also available, to understand not only the organism, but most importantly, the risk to products and to the business. When adding VC9100, regulated requirements for processed meats will be elucidated.
This course is designed for non-food microbiologists and food professionals requiring a refresher course. It covers all categories of microorganisms with selected foodborne diseases as examples. Selection of foodborne diseases are based on the microbiological risks associated with your product/s as far as possible.
Length: 1 day.
Food Microbiology Management
This course is designed for food professionals with a focus on the typical foodborne pathogens associated with your food products. The course includes:
- How to manage identified, significant microbiological hazards in your plant and product;
- How to set microbiological limits that are science-based and therefore defendable and justifiable;
- Separating food safety criteria from process hygiene criteria and how each differs in terms of actions that should be taken if the criteria are not met;
- The use of 2-class and 3-class sampling plans.
Length: 1 day.
- R638 – (South African Regulations Governing General Hygiene Requirements for Food Premises and the Transport of Food). A one day course designed for anyone requiring training in R638.
- Food safety regulations in South Africa. R692 is covered as the core element, whilst specific regulations for a specific sector can be added as desired by the client.
South African Compulsory Specifications for various fish, mollusc products and canned meat
Length dependent on number of Compulsory Specifications to be covered.
For more detailed information on any of the courses offered, for quotes and bookings, contact Prof Lucia Anelich via email@example.com.