ALL courses are available either in-person or online and facilitated by Prof Anelich. This is only available to individual companies for a minimum of 5 participants. Contact Prof Lucia at email@example.com.
The benefit of individual company training, is that courses are all customised to some degree to reflect microbiological risks associated with those product/s, where applicable. The following courses are offered:
The Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the importance of viruses and human health. This course delivers the following benefits:
- Understand the differences between viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungi
- Understand the concept of foodborne viruses and what this term implies
- Differentiate between different foodborne viruses
- Differentiate between foodborne viruses and those that are not transmitted via food
- Understand why the Covid-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) is not regarded as a food safety risk
- Take measures to prevent transmission of viruses to food
- Understand the impact that personal hygiene measures have in preventing transmission of viruses to food
Length: 4 hours.
Technical Managers, Quality Assurance & Quality Control Staff in Food Manufacturing and Retail, Catering and Foodservice Organizations, Food Safety Auditors and anyone else interested in obtaining a clear understanding of foodborne viruses within the context of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
A shorter presentation for top management is available with the ultimate aim to make appropriate and cost-effective decisions and to mitigate risks to consumers and to the business. Click here for more information.
Listeria monocytogenes: All You Need to Know – now facilitated online
South Africa experienced the worst documented listeriosis outbreak in global history, in 2017-2018. Anelich Consulting is offering a course on understanding the organism, its habits and practical solutions to control this organism. Click here for more information.
Length: 4 hours.
Add South Africa’s regulated requirement for processed meats, VC9100 and the related SANS 885 to the course selection to make it a 1-day course.
Technical Managers, Quality Assurance & Quality Control staff, Catering and Food Service Organizations, Food Safety Auditors, anyone else interested in understanding the organism and its habits, the diseases it causes, prevention and control of the organism as well as understanding and interpreting the microbiological criteria in Edition 4 of SANS 885. A shorter course for top management is also available, to understand not only the organism but most importantly, the risk to products and to the business. When adding VC9100, regulated requirements for processed meats will be elucidated. Click here for more information.
Food Microbiology/Food Safety
This course is designed for non-food microbiologists as well as food professionals requiring a refresher course. It covers all categories of microorganisms and is divided into several modules with selected foodborne diseases as examples. The course includes a review of Infectious and Toxigenic Foodborne Pathogens. Click here for more information.
Length: 1 day.
- R638 – (South African Regulations Governing General Hygiene Requirements for Food Premises and the Transport of Food). A one day course designed for anyone requiring training in R638.
- Food safety regulations in South Africa. R692 is covered as the core element, whilst specific regulations for a specific sector can be added as desired by the client. Click here for more information.
South African Compulsory Specifications for various fish, mollusc products and canned meat
Length dependent on number of Compulsory Specifications to be covered. Click here for more information.
For more detailed information on any of the courses offered, for quotes and bookings, contact Prof Lucia Anelich via firstname.lastname@example.org.